Gaming is a huge industry, and as more and more people get into it, the need for better equipment grows. One of the most important pieces of gaming gear is the Ethernet cable. Not all cables are created equal, and if you want to get the best performance possible out of your games, you need to use one of the best Ethernet cables for gaming. In this article, we will compare the top 10 Ethernet cables for gaming and help you choose the right one for your needs!
- What is Ethernet
- Internet vs. Ethernet: What’s the Difference?
- Why Your Ethernet Connection is Slower Than WiFi
Whether you’re a PC gamer or a console gamer, the quality of your Ethernet cable can have a huge impact on your gaming performance. Many gamers opt for cheap, generic cables that don’t offer great speeds or reliable connections, while others choose premium options like Cat 7 cables that are made with high-quality materials and are designed to deliver fast and reliable performance.
To help you find the best Ethernet cable for your gaming needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 cables on the market today. We’ve considered factors like speed, durability, and price to create this comprehensive guide that will help you choose the right cable for your gaming setup. So without further ado, here are our top picks for the best Ethernet cables for gaming!
1. Cat 7 Cables: These premium cables are some of the fastest and most durable options out there, making them ideal for gamers who need a reliable connection at all times. With speeds up to 10 Gbps and advanced shielding technology to protect against outside interference, Cat 7 cables are truly top-of-the-line when it comes to Ethernet cables for gaming.
2. Gaming-Specific Cables: If you’re looking for a more affordable option, consider purchasing a gaming-specific cable instead. These cables are specifically designed with gamers in mind and often feature enhanced circuitry and gold connectors that improve performance. While they may not be quite as fast or durable as Cat 7 cables, they are an excellent choice for budget-minded gamers who still want reliable connectivity.
3. Long Cables: Many gamers choose to invest in longer cables to give themselves plenty of room to move around while playing, without worrying about the cord getting stuck under their feet or dragging on the ground behind them. Longer cables also allow multiple users to connect their consoles or PCs without having to crowd around a single router, making them a great choice for gaming parties or LAN events.
4. Outdoor Cables: Gaming isn’t just done indoors – in fact, many gamers love to get outside and play in their backyards or local parks. If you’re planning on taking your games outdoors, consider investing in an outdoor-friendly Ethernet cable that can withstand the elements without getting damaged or losing its performance capabilities.
5. Shielded Cables: Although most Ethernet cables are shielded against outside interference, some gamers may want to invest in premium options that offer enhanced shielding for even better protection against things like electromagnetic interference (EMI), static electricity, radio frequency interference (RFI), and more. If you live in a busy area or use your Ethernet cable in a particularly noisy environment, shielded cables can make all the difference in terms of performance.
6. Gaming Cables with LEDs: Gaming cables don’t just have to perform well – they can also look great too! Many gaming-specific cables feature colorful lights or flashing patterns that make them the perfect addition to any gamer’s setup. If you want your Ethernet cable to be both functional and visually pleasing, consider investing in one of the many cables with LEDs available on the market today.
7. Bundled Cables: Gaming setups often require multiple pieces of gear, from controllers to keyboards and mice, not to mention consoles themselves. To save money and space, many gamers choose to invest in bundled cables that provide all of their gear in a single package. While these options may not be as powerful or high-quality as individual cables, they are a great choice for gamers who need to save space or stay on a budget.
8. Gaming Cables with Braided Wires: If you want your Ethernet cable to truly stand out, consider investing in a braided cable instead. These cables are often made with premium materials like nylon or fabric that give them a unique, stylish look. They may not be quite as durable as regular cables, but they’re perfect for gamers who want their gear to stand out from the crowd.
9. Gaming Cables with Gold Plated Connectors: Many gamers choose to invest in gaming cables that feature gold-plated connectors, as these can often improve performance by reducing lost signal strength and minimizing connection issues. If you’re looking for the highest possible quality, be sure to look for a cable that features gold plating on its connectors.
10. Gaming Cables with RJ45 Connectors: Finally, regardless of which Ethernet cable you choose, be sure that it has an RJ45 connector at the end. This is the standard connection type used by most gaming devices and is essential if you want your cable to work properly with all of your gear.
Regardless of which type of Ethernet cable you choose, it’s important to do your research and shop around to find the best option at the right price. With so many great choices out there, there’s sure to be an ideal cable for every gamer!